Tongue-Tied Presentation

Hehe suppose to blog about the presentation, but it dragged a bit... but well here it is.

Hmmm... i started really working on the slides at about 2am on the day of the presentation... (was busy watching television, did you all know that starhub now got free preview channel of those taiwan variety show????? so it's not my fault... it's starhub.. trying to sabo my presentation)

Anyway... i didnt manage to do finish.. till about 4am... i decided that.. yawnz i am too tired.. so off to sleep i went.. (i know i am a slacker.)

The next day... (or rather later that day) .. i woke up then went back sleep till about 7+ then change and pack my bag... hmm missed one bus and ended up taking the 8+ bus... then i ended up doing my slides on the bus. it was really quite fun.. it's kinda like a mixed feeling! .. you know.. part of you wants to reach school on time, yet the other part wants more time to finish the slides).

So suay.. that day got Jam.. then i reached school around 9.30... Did i mentioned my presentation is at 9.45am????? lol.. so rush all the way to my lab to grab something then went to find my presentation area (did not really know the exact place).. ..

Luckily i managed to reach at about 9.40am? and only my prof was there... so i kinda relaxed abit cos i was not late...)

So being a bit nervous(okie.. fine... VERY nervous).. i started presenting very fast after the examiner reached. With no Script only a mental rundown of what i wanted to say in the bus, of course alot of parts i wanted to say got left out.. then the main thing......

i got tongue tied by these words...

Soil Shear Strength

i was kinda speaking it like.... Soy Sure Strang (something close to it) then i was a bit laughing at myself... then thinking that oki... it's over... i realised that got another of the same words at the bottom of my slides.. so well... i went... Soil *pause* Shear *pause* Strength *smile at myself for getting the words correctly. Victory sign under the table* .

So heng everything went well.. with the examiner being like not very interested (can see from the sian face) then he asked only one question.. "What differentiates your product from the others?"

So of course i have to sell my product's point.. but well.. that is after i find out for myself.. what tat point is... so for that moment.. i crapped a bit... then he nodded his head... PHEW.....

So all the best for me.. in my final FYP (Find Your Point) Presentation.

Activity: Hmmm wanna try? Try Saying Soil Shear Strength really fast 5 times and see if u get tongue tied???

Disclaimer: All the last minute work and crapping during presentations are done by professionals. Please do not try this at your presentations, Ahdee will not be responsible for any marks deduction from your presentations

Comments

chillycraps said…
aiya u so cute, sure give u high marks one lah!
ahdee said…
well. my slides not as nice as yours leh...
chillycraps said…
bleh, maybe i shouldn't have uploaded mine :X

Popular Posts