Ahdee goes to interview Part 2

Hehe.. updating this slowly... this one is about interview 2. I was interviewed by two foreigners this time. Hmmm however.. i noticed something.. instead of the normal local people who would jump straight into the grades and stuff.. the interviewer actually skipped to the part where i wrote about my skills and interests. I guess for them.. the class of honours or grades do not matter as much as the govt sector jobs.. i am sure u know what i mean.

This was totally different.. they were concerned about letting me know more about the company and also to know more about me.. at least thats what i felt.

Firstly, he explained the company's structure and also the job scope to me before asking about what i do in school.

As you guys know la.. once i start talking.. very hard to stop.. so when i showed him my FYP.. i kept talking and talking. Then i talked about my specialization module stuff and showed the guy my CAD Drawings and stuff..

So as usual when asked about myself. I talked about being a fast learner, learning various programs very fast (Which was one of the requirements), then the ability to interact with multi-cultural people from different background during my CCA also helps fit in to the profile.

Tip 1: Talk about what they want to hear seems to be the most important thing.

I talked about my design project.. which is related to renewable energy. .and explain this and that like i am a crazy guy trying to sell my design.. of course cracking a few jokes here and there.

Hmmmm so after that.. the funny thing happened.. cos.. u all know i very lame de... so.. when the interviewer asked me this question.. i tot foreigners should be able to take jokes.. so i risked it.

Interviewer A: So give me one reason why i should hire you?

Ahdee: Well.. cos i practice Karate!!!!

Interviewer A: OooOo So you saying if i dun hire u.. u will beat me up?

*All three ppl inside the room laughing*

Ahdee: haha.. well not really.. in that sense.. (maybe) but more like.. (then i carry on explaining what i do during my CCA and how i think that will help me with the job).

So... after that i actually told him i was very nervous..and hope i did well.. he did say that for a first interview it was quite okie.. so i was very happy...

Of course... after that interview .. when i told my frens about what i said abt Karate (which ahdee was super proud of) they were like saying i shdn't do this....and that....

Oh perhaps i should also mention my attire.. i prepared a tie.. but i looked ard and saw no one who is working at the company wore a tie.. so i took it off.... of course after that i told my fren.. he say fresh grads shd wear tie.. cos its the first job and everything so impression counts.. so.. well depends on ur job and preference ba.. but i tink wun kill to go to toilet earlier and put on the tie ba... i also didnt wear any belts. .and got complained by my frens saying i wear formal.. shd wear tie.. completes the look.. (though i dun feel any different... i think not much diff ma... but i still heed their advice ma.. cos they are my frenz...)

Moral of this story: Hmmm jokes sometimes can be used to your advantage. but depends on scenarios.. and also remember it is always impt to say what they wanna hear.

Comments

Popular Posts