Ahdee goes to Interview Part 3.5

The reason why this is considered a 3.5 interview and not a 4th nterview was due to it lasting only like 5-10mins.. It was done at a Recruitment Agency… you all probably can guess it la… Anyway the interview was established after I called back to the lady who gave me two missed calls during my karate training period. So I told her that I am looking for engineering jobs.. and she was saying how currently there job market for engineers are not really that high.. and she wants to interview me for the position of some corporate relations or something which ( I think is basically interview people on behalf of the company…. It’s interesting how their job title sounds so different) .

Anyway she was saying now very hard to get engineering job and what if I can’t find a job.. and how I should open up my choices and stuff.. so I told her I got interview in the morning next day.. she told me to go over in the afternoon to their branch… Hmmm I probably didn’t like the attitude and how she says everything… and on top of that.. when I reached on time.. I had to wait for like 15 mins before she came.. and took my IC from me and asking me to fill up some forms… then I had to wait for another 10 mins before she came back… hmmm wasn’t really glad cos.. she told me to be on time in the email… and well here I am expected to wait…

So she came in and intro herself.. and stuff.. so I told her I looking for engineering jobs as mentioned last night.. then she asked me.. what if 3 months down the road I still haven find any engineering jobs.. what will I do? Will I consider other industries? I told her I would prefer an engineering job as my first job… then I might like what she say get a part time job meanwhile.. while waiting for an engineering job. Then she say what about 6 mths later.. if I still cannot find a engineering job.. of course all this time she is trying to get in into working in a non-engineering job scope.. so I told her.. I would probably have to take up other jobs… but before that happens I would still prefer a engineering job now. With that.. she know that she cannot convince me.. so she say she will keep a lookout for me….

Oh well….. this one basically is complaining post… so not much tips or moral to share… probably just one I can think of?

Trivia : Did you know? Agencies charge a fee when u get into a job that they intro you. And if you worked in a temp position for them.. u are not suppose to work for that company within the 6 mths after u worked thru the agency… furthermore if you do not show up for work once u accepted the offer.. you will be liable to pay 80% of the offered salary to them. Well.. this is just in case you dunno… and might vary with different agencies la… lol….

Comments

Popular Posts