Ahdee in France

Hmmmmm just spend my day in france for some work today. Had super duper heavy lunch at some french restaurants. BURP... too full liao.. but their desserts and chocolate very nice sia.

Interesting Fact 1: I heard from my boss that the French pay alot of attention to the display of the food, so the dishes are always nice to look at (Of course delicious as well) but compared to the french, in Spain the food's presentation isn't that important, the emphasis is placed on the taste of the food.

Interesting Fact 2: Not sure if you guys noticed, but i saw that at one of the french restaurant, the ladies at the table are served their food first before the rest, that's something you dun really see alot in Asian context.

Hmmmm its really fun to have the whole dept travelling together. Of course alot of fun moments with loads of insider jokes along the way.

Btw, i am having problem explaining the concept of Race and nationality to them sia. Cos i tell them that i am chinese, but i am not Chinese Chinese (Refering to the Chinese from PRC). I am Singaporean, and they seem puzzled that sometimes i say i am chinese and sometimes i am singaporean.. Haha if anyone got any ideas on how to explain the ideas i would love to hear them.

Now for some pics

1) Notice the amount of fish they gave for a serving? Definitely too much for me. I mean 4 fishes for dinner? Unless i am a cat ba. Anyway the rice was nice for this fish and the fish was alright.


2) Green colour liquid...

I think it is some mint alcohol..... hmmmm tried a bit... taste like the mouthwash that ppl used, Listerine?

3)Foie gras

Well some of my colleagues had this thingy which was like a goose liver... Didnt really like it cos i took a small bit to try... but not my kind of stuff. Besides i saw a video of how the goose are purposely fed till fat so that the liver is big for the dish. So not my kind of food

4) Creme Bruley

I had that for dessert.. Sorry no pictures taken... i finish the food before i remembered to take a picture. haha

5) Lastly, as u guys can see from the pic below, that they have a special coffee machine that lets u make espresso. U can choose the intensity or flavor of the coffee by using different colors, and once the packet of coffee stuff is inserted, it will have the coffee out in a min. Coolz right??? Hmmmm tml need to wake up early for site visit, so i guess i will stop here.. hehe

Comments

chillycraps said…
wahaha the george clooney nespresso machine!
ahdee said…
haha.... sad that i only tried two flavours sia
Term Papers said…
I have been visiting various blogs for my Expository Essay research. I have found your blog to be quite useful. Keep updating your blog with valuable information... Regards

Popular Posts